Family Social Worker
Summary of Duties
- Performs intakes for individuals with families, who are HIV+ or living with AIDS.
- Conducts comprehensive psychosocial assessments, identifying current and future needs of all family members in household of HIV+ individual (s).
- Develops a comprehensive service plan for a family support system, coordinates with identified community resources, including primary and HIV-specific health care, housing, education, entitlements, legal services, child care, permanency planning, financial planning.
- Completes progress notes, treatment goals, family assessments, written assignments or other required documentation of service provision.
- Provides individual and family counseling services for program participants.
- Advocates for family service needs, to ensure appropriate delivery of services.
- Maintains confidentiality of client records.
- Provides escort/translation/interpretation services to clients who do not speak English, in order to facilitate implementation of needed services.
- Identifies gaps in areas of service needs.
- Facilitates family input from consumer advisory committee.
- Provides ongoing follow-up to evaluate consumer satisfaction and recommends modifications in comprehensive service plan.
- Assists Supervising Social Worker in conducting bi- monthly support groups and develops volunteer peer support as necessary.
- Participates in bi-weekly agency- wide case conferences.
- Participates in monthly Family Case Management meetings.
- Compiles monthly service data and enters into designated database (eSHARE).
- Conducts informational presentations about the Family Case Management program.
- Maintains relationship between the different programs: HOPWA, Legal, Testing Center, Food and Nutrition, Advocacy.
- Particpates in cross-referals to Legal program, documents referrals and services provided in monthly logs and progress notes.
- Refers clients to other ASC services as needed and to other off-site services.
- Assists with any other task as designated by the Supervising Social Worker to meet the needs of the program.
List Specific Goals and Objectives
Assists Supervising Social Worker in recruiting and enrolling new clients to meet the minimum monthly requirements for the family case management contract, which are the following:
- New intakes and assessments;
- Service Plan Development and Update;
- Care Coordination and Follow-up encounters;
- Supportive Individual,Family, and Group counseling sessions;
- Referrals and linkages to benefits and services;
- Facilitation of Support groups;
- Case conferences;
- Participation in relevant training and seminars;
- Contribute to the monthly HIV Care reports;
- Escorts to various social, medical, and legal service providers;
- Conducts home visits when necessary;
- Provides cultural competency trainings to service providers as needed.
Requires BA or CSW
Commensurate experience will also be considered.
b. Prior Work Experience:
Minimum of two year's experience in HIV/AIDS family case management or other commensurate disability-related experience, in supportive family counselling.
c. Language Proficiency:
-Must be bilingual in English/French
-Proficiency in at least one major African language is a plus
d. Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrate an understanding of and sensitivity to cultural issues and social problems of African refugees and immigrants.
-Excellent communication skills, spoken and written.
-Basic computer skills a must.
-Previous experience using eSHARE a plus.
Salary Range: $ 36,000- 38,000, depending upon experience
Include “Family Social Worker” in the subject line of the email.